1. Since long there was speculation, that Elephants can react to INFRASOUND – as may occur in earthquakes and on other occasions in nature, such for instance tsunamis …
2. Now this week`s edition of SCIENCE – 1st week of August 2012 – is presenting a report from University of Vienna telling, that they have figured out, that Elephants INDEED are PRODUCING INFRASOUND of approximately 1 Hz – 20Hz and COMMUNICATING by this very deep frequencies.
3.1 University of Vienna had the chance to experiment with an Elephant, who died by natural causes, and now the research team found assertion, that the INFRASOUND is produced with an ACOUSTIC APPARATUS in the LARYNX principially SIMILAR as in Humans or other mammals.
3.2 FUNCTION of INFRASOUND-Production – which of course goes unnoticed to humans – is COMMUNICATION, and communication in RANGE OF up to 10 KILOMETERS …
4. Thus University of Vienna came to positive results, that MAMMALS are able to produce in the FULL SPECTRUM from DEEP INFRASOUND as with Elephants to MUSICAL RANGE of sound as for instance in Humans to ULTRASOUND as in bats (Fledermäuse) .
5. Buike Science may add: If we would say, that the FULL RANGE of sound-spectrum as found in mammals is correlating with the RANGE OF MUSICAL sound, we may ADD as NEW correlation, that FULL SPECTRUM of just MUSICAL SOUND is found in SPACE as well – plus very, very, very deep sound-phenomenons, which never can be heard by human or other mammals ears and sound perceptors.
6. Buike Science may add: We have warned on several occasions against possible side effects of reasearch for weaponization of sound of different type – and now see, that this warning is substantiated from very surprising side. (possiblities of interference with unkonw processes in naturla environement, which connot be restrected to fixed aereas propperly, , resonance, and other possible effects, such as for instance intereaction with electromagnetical pehnomenons and everything here travelling long distance etc. pp.)
7. source of information:
SCIENCE 1st week of August 2012 – report / article in English – http://www.sciencemag.org/content/337/6094/595
Bibliographical information for cataloguing as taken from English edition of Science:
Vol. 337 no. 6094 pp. 595-599
How Low Can You Go? Physical Production Mechanism of Elephant Infrasonic Vocalizations
- Christian T. Herbst1,*,†,
- Angela S. Stoeger1,†,
- Roland Frey2,
- Jörg Lohscheller3,
- Ingo R. Titze4,
- Michaela Gumpenberger5,
- W. Tecumseh Fitch1,6,*
+ Author Affiliations
1Department of Cognitive Biology, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, 1090 Vienna, Austria.
2Leibniz Institute for Zoo and Wildlife Research, Postfach 601103, 10252 Berlin, Germany.
3Department of Computer Science, University of Applied Sciences, Schneidershof, 54293 Trier, Germany.
4National Center for Voice and Speech, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA.
5Clinic of Diagnostic Imaging, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, Veterinärplatz 1, 1210 Vienna, Austria.
6Haidlhof Research Station, University of Vienna/University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, Bad Vöslau, Austria.
- ↵*To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail: email@example.com (W.T.F.); firstname.lastname@example.org (C.T.H.)
↵† These authors contributed equally to this work.
Buike Science And Music
- How do elephants trumpet? At last, scientists figure it out. (csmonitor.com)
- Mystery of elephant infrasounds revealed (eurekalert.org)
- Scientists Reveal How Elephants Produce Infrasound (sci-news.com)
- Observatory: Elephants’ Rumble Is More Like Talking Than Purring, Larynx Study Finds (nytimes.com)
- Ion selectivity in neuronal signaling channels evolved twice in animals (eurekalert.org)